Down recorded their fifth straight league win of the Senior Two season last weekend.

Jeremy McCready's side defeated Parkview for the second time in consecutive weeks with another highly impressive display.

The Malone Park side destroyed the Doagh outfit two weeks ago when they defeated them 10-0 on their own patch and while last weekend's game was going to be an entirely different affair on the shale, Down were  always in control.

Goals from Chris Lennon, an absolute beauty, Ashley Gibson, Paul Tate and Chris Taylor, secured the win which was comfortable in the end.

Still smarting from last week's hammering, Parkview travelled without midfielder Adam McDonald, with his absence allowing Sam McKenzie to play a more advanced role.

Down, who were missing Stephen Ferguson, drafted in Mark Elliott who was unlucky not to get his name on the score sheet. He came agonisingly close on a number of occasions and was literally just inches away from getting on the end of a number of pinpoint crosses whipped into the penalty area.

Parkview, who relied on a long-ball game in a bid to provide service to the dangerous Willie Young, started in a flurry and for the opening minutes were buzzing all over the park.

They attempted to stifle the home side, conscious of the near fatal wounds inflicted on them the previous week. Once again, Tate and Sinclair White were outstanding in the middle of the park, while at the back, Down's defenders were rarely troubled. Aaron Minnis and Alasdair Duff were again calmness personified.

The only surprise on the day was how long it took Down to score. They were awarded countless short corners in the opening half and from the first of these, Gibson saw a goal-bound shot brilliantly cleared off the line by Paul Harvey.

Goalkeeper, Richard Nesbitt, then denied White, Tate and Taylor in quick succession and it was obvious it was going to take something special to open the Parkview defence.

The lock was picked by the excellent Gavin Ringland whose raking pass picked out Lennon who ran fully 60 yards to pick the ball up in the penalty area, control it and pick his spot past Nesbitt.

Parkview failed to create a single chance in the opening half, apart from a Harvey short corner strike which flew harmlessly wide.

After the interval, Down continued to spray the ball about with confidence, but they could not increase their lead. At 1-0, Parkview were always in the game and when Young looked as though he would make it 1-i, Down's keeper blocked his shot at the near post.

Gibson then kept his cool for the second time in consecutive weeks when he converted a penalty stroke after umpire Owens penalised the Parkview defence. That man White then picked out Tate who cheekily deflected the ball past Nesbitt at the near post to give Down an unassailable 3-0 lead.

Parkview kept plugging away and when they worked a good position, a winger's goal-bound shot was pushed around the post for a long corner.

In the closing minutes, Taylor took a no-nonsense from a short corner. He stopped the ball dead before drilling a ferocious shot into the bottom corner of the net to seal another comfortable win for Down.

The Malone Park side have now scored 34 goals in their past six outings, but the players are keeping their feet firmly on the ground. They are only too well aware that there is no room for complacency and they must take each game as it comes.

This weekend, Down face Crossgar at Malone Park. Ferguson is available again so McCready should have a full strength squad as his disposal.